CBD Insurance Services is a professional and trusted insurance provider and is the number one choice when it comes to providing all forms of business insurance for your company.
We specialise in Business Liability Insurance and since 1983 have been working with SME’s and professionals to ensure they have the necessary protection against any business risks that may come their way.
What Is Business Liability Insurance?
Personal injury and damage to property resulting from the indirect or direct actions, lack of action or negligence of yourself, one of your employees or the products or services that you provide could leave you in an extremely expensive legal trouble.
If a court of law finds that liability or responsibility for the damage or injury can be related to your business, the injured party can sue your company for damages, expenses, and other items which could result in a severe financial setback.
CBD Insurance Services can assist you by providing liability insurance to ensure that your company is covered in the event that a claim is lodged against your business.
Why Choose Us?
- We have been protecting businesses like yours for over 35 years. You can count on our expertise to provide quality insurance services
- We believe in building strong and lasting relationships with each of our clients.
- Our mission is to create a SYSTEM for you, which is an acronym for Save Yourself Stress, Time, Energy and Money.
- Our business liability team is made up of specialists with vast experience and expertise in handling Business Liability Insurance.
- Our firm is aligned with some of the most highly regarded experts in business, and we work with these experts on a daily basis.
- We believe in transparency and you’ll know upfront what your insurance premiums will be.
- Our advisers understand that every business is unique, and we strive to treat every business individually.
- Each client receives expert services suited to their specific, individual needs.
- We always endeavour to deliver successful outcomes for all our clients through precise risk analysis along with cutting edge solutions and protection.
- We’re passionate about helping all our clients, and we’ll be on your side with the best advice and insights that help you avoid risk.
- We have worked alongside some big names such as Garry Harvey, Amanda Keller and International Filmmakers Scott and Kerry Hicks.
Business Liability Insurance Services
Running a business can be very stressful. That is why it is recommended that you invest in Business Liability Insurance.
Business Liability Insurance is designed to give you peace of mind knowing that you are protected in case your business becomes legally liable for loss, personal injury or property damage – no matter who’s at fault.
In the world of insurance, liability is defined as the state of being legally liable or responsible for something happening due to your actions or omissions, or those of a person you’re responsible for.
You are considered liable if it can be proven to a court of law that you (or someone you’re responsible for) were a direct cause of property damage, loss, or injury to a third party.
Business Liability Insurance protects you from this liability, regardless of whether it relates to your actions, property, or a product or service that you provide.
It ideally covers the legal costs of defending a claim including the consequential legal costs, along with any financial compensation that you’re required to pay.
Public Liability Insurance
Business owners have a legal duty to care for any third-party that interacts with their businesses and/or its activities, including the customers, contractors, and members of the community.
For this reason, it’s your legal duty to take reasonable action to help prevent third-party injury, loss, death, and property damage.
Businesses that are open to the public are especially susceptible to these kinds of accidents, which can lead to expensive Public Liability claims.
Public Liability Insurance helps to protect businesses and their owners. It lets you avoid crippling litigation fees and helps you create a safer business environment.
What Does Public Liability Insurance Cover?
The size and type of business determine the level of Public Liability you need. For instance, a hiking tours business has an inherent risk to personal injuries.
The business owners, therefore, need greater coverage for Public Liability Insurance, which translates into higher premiums.
On the contrary, a florist will most likely face a smaller risk, and will, therefore, need a smaller level of coverage.
Although it’s not necessarily a legal obligation, it’s recommended that you get the right amount of Public Liability Insurance for your business.
In general, Public Liability Insurance covers the following:
- Damage or loss of property: This covers damage or loss of property belonging to a third party (such as a laptop) that was in your care, control, or custody. It also covers damage or loss of goods in your car.
- Injury to a third party: This covers third party injury while a person/s is visiting your business premises. It also covers first aid expenses during the occurrence of the injury.
- Legal Costs: These usually arise from the defence or settlement of a liability claim.
- Persons acting on your behalf: This provides coverage for workers who might be acting on behalf of your business during the injury.
It’s also important to know what’s usually not covered with Public Liability coverage. Some of the common exclusions include the following:
- Responsibility to injured employees: This is usually covered under worker’s compensation insurance.
- Product recall: This entails all the expenses that could arise when your products are recalled from the market.
- Punitive damages: These are the extra damages that the court might award you if it believes your behaviour was extremely negligent.
- Aircraft products: These are covered under separate aviation insurance plans.
- Asbestos: Includes any occurrence that involves asbestos materials, and is covered under a separate asbestos liability insurance.
- Gradual pollution: This encompasses things like leaking pipes and underground storage tanks leading to groundwater contamination. This is usually covered under a pollution liability or environment impairment policy.
Management Liability Insurance
This is designed to provide coverage against any unwelcome allegations of misconduct, mismanagement, or legislative breaches.
Such allegations can include sexual harassment claims, occupational health, and safety incidents, defamation cases, unfair dismissals, statutory penalties or fines, and statutory breaches of duty.
The Management Liability cover ideally gives you a safety net for your business by protecting it against the expenses associated with breaches in liability by the management.
It covers claim investigation costs, defence and legal costs, damages and compensation awarded, and some fines or penalties related to management misconduct, mismanagement, or legislative breaches.
Get in touch with us today for all your questions and concerns about Management Liability Insurance in Australia.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Professional Indemnity Insurance is designed to protect any professional that offers their services or advice to other individuals or business in case they are found to be negligent or in breach of their professional duties.
It’s quite an important form of insurance, in the event that a third party like a customer or client claims that your advice or services caused injury, damages, or loss, which can subject you to hefty legal costs.
Professional Indemnity can cover the following:
- Damages caused by negligent or dishonest actions of your employees
- Breach of duty such as confidentiality, privacy, and fiduciary concerns.
- Defamation cases
- Slander cases (for media businesses)
- Contractual liability
Get in touch with us today for all your questions and concerns about Public Liability Insurance in Australia.
CBD Insurance Services is one of the most respected insurance agencies in Australia, and we offer a wide range of insurance products to clients all around the country.
For an obligation-free, competitive quote, professional insurance advice or more information on how we can help you, please contact one of our expert consultants today on (08) 8357 1422 or send a message through our website: